This Is A List Of All The Things That Piss Me Off In Life! I Will Talk About Los Angeles Insanity, Celebrities, Crazy People, Politics... And Pretty Much Everything!!!

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Letterman CRISIS

It's so aggravating that people will just pounce on an issue and won't let it go. I understand that what David Letterman said was out of line. But, GET OVER IT! They were showing the picketers outside CBS and people yelling about how Letterman had a bastard son and that Letterman was a pervert etc. UM, do you think calling Letterman's son a bastard child is politicly correct in any way? The anger on those people's faces are amazing. We all need to become a little less sensitive all around. He did apologize and Palin accepted. There are SO many more serious things to focus on than that. Everyone has to be a victim and I think that's the real issue.

2 comments:

  1. See, I don't even think Letterman should have apologized the second time. The second apology was, best I can tell, the network forcing him to say something. I think they just wanted the controversy to be over and done with, and Letterman did it to appease them.

    See, Letterman already clarified the joke. It wasn't an especially funny joke, but given the context (the 18 year old getting knocked up again by a horny ball player), it doesn't seem that offensive to me. Maybe that's just me. Even if it IS offensive to some people, he's a late night comedian who has made his career on telling off-color jokes.

    Leno, Conan and a number of other late night talkers have made similar joke, yet Palin didn't go after them. She saw her moment of opportunity and she struck. That's what she does. Just look at the last election, how many times did she imply that Obama was dangerous because he "palled around with terrorists"? Or how her camp turned that "lipstick on a pig" comment into a direct attack against her and all women? She's a victim, she has a weird Nixonian vibe to her that just needs to be on the attack at all time. That's one of the reasons that I have a hard time giving her the benefit of the doubt on anything.

    The other option is that she's just too stupid to "get" a late night joke about the daughter that she trots out to be the poster child against teen pregnancy. So, either she's an oppurtunist or she's dumb. I think both options are dreadful. But then again, I've never run for an elected office, maybe she would fit right in.

    The video you speak of is both funny AND disturbing. I love the fact that some of the 40 or so people that attended the rally didn't even know what the joke was. One suggested that it was about a basketball player. Another gleefully stated that the ONLY channel they watch is Fox News. I guess that kind of says everything right there, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't figure out how to write back to Cyril so I will just post a comment too, and hope she gets it! I love that there's other people out there who think the same way as I do! I definitely think Sarah Palin's a mixture of both being an opportunist AND being dumb and disgraceful. She also has no integrity and will do whatever it takes to get to the top, even if it means exploiting her autistic child and perpetuating lies like "Obama palling around with terrorists," as you said about the latter. Well said my friend! And I appreciate the feedback. You brought up a lot of great points!!!
    Sincerely,
    Gripe of the Day

    ReplyDelete